In 4 days, I’ll be celebrating my 35th birthday, and I can honestly say, I have never been more blessed! Aside from the obvious, I have a pretty good life and would have never imagined this for me. I’ve been through the trenches and have weathered a many of storms, and although I’ve made some strides, there’s still a slight overcast looming ahead.
I wish someone had told me years ago, that the place I’m in now, would be one of the most rewarding ones I’ve ever experienced. Had that been the case, I probably wouldn’t have worried, stressed and obsessed ridiculously over my life and whether or not it would turn out right. Although I can’t revisit the past (and I surely wouldn’t want to), there’s “35” things I would like to tell my younger self:
- You’re beautiful! #period
- Everything is going to be just fine
- Be patient
- Anxiety is hard to deal with, but you’re tougher
- Who cares?
- If people choose to talk about you, let them
- Don’t be afraid….of ANYTHING!
- You are loved
- Let them go
- Never change yourself to fit the description of what someone says you should be
- Live your life
- This too shall pass
- Wait! It gets better
- You’re not always going to be happy
- Don’t give up so easily
- Do what makes you happy
- Not everyone is going to like you…and you’ve gotta be okay with that
- Watch your mouth!
- You’re not for everybody
- Keep going…it’s only UP from here
- It’s okay to fall down sometimes, just don’t stay there
- Everybody can’t go on your journey with you; it’s yours for a reason
- Keep smiling
- There’s nothing wrong with your skin….it’s them
- You should wear red lipstick more often
- You’re not going to experience all W’s
- Get over it
- Don’t hold yourself hostage to past mistakes
- Move on
- It’s okay to cry
- Just do it
- You’re going to be a multi-millionaire
- Does it really matter?
- You are MORE than enough!
Until next time my NOTE takers!